Over-sized items are shipped via LTL freight. Free shipping is only available in the contiguous 48 states and we do not ship to PO Boxes.
Over-sized product ships at our discretion via Freight carrier.
Small parcel ships at our discretion via USPS, UPS, or FedEx.
Alternate methods can be used at the expense of the customer.
The shipping charges are estimated using Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS carrier rates provided to Brooklyn Kayak Company.
Orders are shipped Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 4:00PM Eastern Standard Time excluding holidays.
Orders typically ship within 1-2 business days of receipt for in stock items.
When your order ships you will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number.
RECEIVING AND INSPECTING (LTL) FREIGHT SHIPMENTS
When you receive a shipment, ask the carrier the following questions:
- Is it for me? Check the delivery receipt for the consignee's name and address. If your company
has more than one location, make sure the goods are for this exact address. Check the freight to
see if it is the same as described on the delivery receipt. Look at the label on each item to make
sure the shipment belongs to you.
- Is it damaged? Do not sign the receipt before inspecting for damage.
- Is the piece count correct? Count the pieces and match the number on the delivery receipt to the
number you have counted. If the shipment is on a pallet, check to make sure the pallet is solid
with no voids inside the stack. If the shipment is shrink or stretch wrapped, make sure the wrap
hasn't been cut and pieces removed. Sign only for the type of unit you receive. For example: two
pallets. Don't sign for the number of packages that are supposed to be on the pallet. However, if
time permits or the pallet is not banded or shrink wrapped, count the packages, and only then
sign for the number of packages.
If your delivery doesn't check out, do one of the following:
- Refuse shipment if it isn't yours, if the shipment does not meet the terms specified by your
company, or is damaged to the point where it no longer has a value.
- If yours, and only partially damaged or short, accept it and note exceptions on the delivery
How to note exceptions:
- Damage Notations: Be specific. Describe the damage accurately. Pinpoint the locations of all
defects. If you can see the damage, have the driver wait while you open and inspect the
packages. Write down the number and identity of the damaged pieces.
- Shortage Notations: If part of shipment is missing, write the number of pieces actually delivered
on the delivery receipt and circle it. Then write down the number of pieces missing and note
them as "short."
- Signatures: Write down all exceptions on both copies of the delivery receipt. Have the driver sign
both copies of the delivery receipt in his full name (not initials or nicknames). After the driver
signs, you sign also. Write your company’s name, your full name, the date, and the time of day.
Follow these steps when requesting an inspection:
- The receiving person is responsible for requesting the carrier to inspect the damaged goods and
packaging. The formal request should be made by phone right after discovering any loss or
- After the phone request, make out a request for inspection by the carrier in writing. Note the date
and time of your previous phone call and the person contacted. Keep a copy of your request
letter on file.
- Once contacted about damage or shortage, the carrier may waive inspection and tell you so. If
so, write down the name of the person who waived the inspection, and the date and time of
waiver. Then conduct your own detailed inspection. Write up your findings in a report and attach
it to the file. If you can, take photographs to confirm your inspection report.
If you would like to pick up your order, please contact us at 1(800)457-1283 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Your shipping charges will be refunded upon picking up your order.
If you have any questions about our shipping policy, please do not hesitate to contact our
Customer Service Representative at 1(800)457-1283 or email@example.com